Every fast-growing Start-up should have position like this, and so do we. If you would like to join our team as a sport coach please feel free to complete this application.
The work environment will involve exposure to cold water, salt water, sun, wind, sand, rain, seaweed, sea grass, sea creatures, breaking waves, and other outdoor elements. Physical requirements include but are not limited to: swimming, swimming in rough and deep water, running, walking, walking or running over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, pulling, and carrying loads. Must be able to swim at least 450 yards, dive at least 8 feet deep, swim with a 12 pound object for at least 25 yards, and tread water for at least 2.4 minutes. Must be able to watch and supervise groups of students in the ocean while coaching technique and supervising safety. Must be able to recognize and respond to emergencies and prevent injuries or drowning.
Desired Skills and Experience
Applicants should have a minimum of two years surfing experience, good interpersonal skills, and a desire to help others improve their surfing abilities. Some prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Surf Lifesaving award (Attending a local surf lifesaving club or similar experience);
- Basic First Aid Certificate;
- Must be strong, fit and an experienced surfer / water person;
- Provide and outstanding experience for every surfer;
- Working all sorts of irregular hours…including early starts and late finishes;
- Staying fresh, positive and attentive to the safety and needs of customers in your lessons.